Tuesday, June 3, 2014

About Me: The awesome Addy

  Hello everyone! My name is Addy. I am thrilled to be starting this blog and thankful to any wonderful audience that has a boring enough life to have to read about mine. I'd like to say I have an interesting life, but I want you guys to be the judge of that. (One other thing i would like to say: Feel free to like me better than my cousin, Ben, the other author on this blog. I am so much more like able than him. ;) )
   Now, a few things about me. I am sixteen year old, seventeen on July 26, 2014. My three sisters and brother keep me very busy with cleaning, cooking, and basically helping them live there lives more successfully. Though I still have a lot of learning and maturing to do myself. My parents own a business so June-November there busy most of the time. But that's ok because December through May we go on epic adventures all over North America. A month ago we got back from Florida.
     I love all animals except for cats and Mosquitos, but my favourites are Horses and Huskys. I work for a dog musher so my passion for Huskys has grown in the last two years.
     Reading and writing is my ultimate escape. At the age of ten or so I started reading constantly. When I was fourteen/fifteen I spend my whole summer reading. I would wake up, shower, eat breakfast, read, eat lunch, read, eat dinner, hang out with a friend, and then read until bedtime. That was actually my life. When I was twelve I read Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, I read Shakespeare's Julius Ceaser at the age of fourteen, and Hawthorne's The Scarlett Letter when I was fifteen. I love classics, but I also love fantasy. When I really want to escape for a few hours I'll pick up a good fantasy book and my wish is granted. I'm in a whole new world.
   Another one of my passions is anything Disney. I've been to Disneyworld four times and I've lost track of the amount of times I've been to Disneyland. I've been going to Disneyland ever since I was too small to remember, but I went to Disneyworld for the first time in 2009. My family went with Ben and his family and it was one of the best experiences of my life. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Resort for ten days and had a fantastic and magical time. Again, we all went in 2011 but this time we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, which was just as awesome. I've went a couple times with just my family for a day as well. My time at Disney has bred in me a strong love for it's magic and beauty.
   Animals, reading, and Disney. That's sums me up pretty well. But there just one thing missing. My absolute LOVE for writing. It all started when I tried to write a book when I was nine. Obviously it didn't lead to a contract with a publishing company, but at least I tried. I like to think I've improved the quality of my writing since then, though. Poems are a favourite of mine and from what I've heard I'm pretty decent at it.
   Well, that's me. And if you don't like it then... Well, let's just say I'm not putting you in handcuffs, chaining you to a chair, and forcing you too read this blog. I might not always be funny or positive or enjoyable to listen too, but I promise I'll try and I'll always be real. Thanks for listening to me rant on and on and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment